Thursday 24 November 2016

Being Thankful for Days of The Month

I had no idea today was Thanksgiving.
I guess because I’m thankful everyday for having you in my life.
I normally wake up to pray and you are constantly in my prayers.

Today was different, I had prayed for you in the middle of the night, I jumped in the shower and I prayed again for you. I was driving to work and I prayed again for you.

What am I thankful for; I am thankful for November because that was the first time I saw you.

I am thankful for December because I remember how you looked and packed your hair when you came to pick up the envelope. I also remember that subconscious thing you were doing with your hand as well.

 I’m thankful for January because You tasted my food, we spoke for the first time. January had its mistakes because I lost focus and I trusted the wrong person but…
February was better and I am thankful for the outbreak because before then you saw me, and we had our first conversation and even though we didn’t finish it, it was one of the best times.
Thankful for March because even though you lost someone close to you, I tried to get close to you. This is when I started “stalking” you with pictures I think or maybe I started before then.

As the months went by we started getting closer and so April I started opening up to you and I am thankful because I started to express how I felt to you. I am definitely thankful for May because you were born in this amazing month with 2 women that matter to me. I am thankful for letting me in on the fabric you wanted to get for the wedding. June I am thankful that my parents decided to bring me into the world. This month was special because you were worried about going across the bridge for the test.

July was hectic as hell for you because you had to take on way too many roles: planner, shopper, tailor, mechanic, agent, the list goes on. Thankful to God for you because I saw how strong you are from planning, the bouquet etc. to how caring and thoughtful you are (when I landed and there was food for me), the hands-on swag you have, the creative and artistic thing you can do with fabric, flowers, I am sure you can do it with air. Grateful for this month because I was chosen. YES!!! Feels like the matrix.
Thankful for August because the milk factory knew that they will be silly not to take you. The surprise blow my mind. I’m thankful for your crazy mind, your thoughtfulness, your aura, your openness with me, your family; their relationship with the Big Guy, how they raised you up. September was when I had to show you that I was thankful and the milk factory shipped you out for a week. It was hard because for the first time I was choking because you are my air. October was harder but thankful for all the crazy things you did like magically showing up at the airport.

2016 didn’t go according to plan but to be honest I am still thankful. I am thankful because one aspect of my life was sorted. I am thankful for your smile, your mind, your laughter, your beautiful skin, your lips that I can kiss all day. I am thankful for your eyes because I am lost in them all the time.


I don’t know what I did to deserve you but I am thankful that the Big Guy orchestrated everything to this point and He put you in my life. I will forever be thankful for you being in my life and I pray everyday we stay together forever. 
Always and Forever
                                                                                       M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment