Thursday 8 December 2016

My First Glance

Image result for cute muffin clipart


So, I saw something recently that made we realise that I had found the one. It said “I think you know you’ve found someone special when you meet them for the first time, and it feels like you’re just picking up where you left off. You kind of look at them and think “Where the hell did you come from? Where the hell have you been?

It’s exactly 365 days that I saw you and no I know it’s more than that but I can’t count the first time because I saw you for 90 seconds before you had to step into that room.
But today, 365 days ago, I was in your space, like literally 2 people away from you. You made me believe in love at first sight, even though I am still of the opinion that I must have loved you before.
Many times, we stumble through circumstances and the illusion/ past life finally meets us again, we feel it faster and it gets us closer to the person each time. The one glance that sets life alight is 2 sets of 2eyes staring through the layers of lifetime and stolen glances and hands held and conversations we had in corners yet in the brace against weight and unrelenting tide of waiting and letting you decide.

I believe in love at first sight but am not burdened with the misconception that it’s a first sight at all. M, you have changed my life and I know that is an understatement. Thank you for making me know what love is. Thank you for seeing beyond all the mess and the part. Every time I look at you I see our future clearly, I made a promise to you to always love you and I intend to keep it.

You have been a blessing in my life and it’s in the tiny things. Thank you for little notes you leave around for me to find. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the magic dust around you that make everything better once I get around you. Thank you for seeing me and letting me into your life.

Today, I am appreciating the first glance I had at you. I am grateful that I didn’t miss it. For the woman, you are becoming every day, for the awesome mum you will be, for the crossroads, black path you have had to tread to become who you are, I am grateful to God.

M, words fail me all the time when I think about who you are as a person, as my best friend, as my lover and as my wife. You have changed my life for the better. You are my team and I love you most.

Here is another one, I promise to love you for every moment in a day and forever

Always and Forever
                                                                                                       M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment