Saturday 31 December 2016

Different




Things are different now. No other eyes are as captivating. No other smile is as contagious.
No one else’s words are as reassuring. No other arms are as comforting. I don’t get butterflies at the thought of anyone else.
When another walks by, I no longer give a second look. It’s like no one else exists; no one but you. They say that “love is blind;” and if anything, I’m only blind to everyone else.
Seeing through the eyes of love is like seeing under a microscope. I see things in you that I could never see in others. Each little quirk, story, and moment with you are like the cells that make you who you are to me. It’s as though I’ve discovered something for the very first time, and now that I know of its existence I can’t imagine a world without.
As I learn about you, I am also learning about myself. I’ve never felt like I quite belonged in this world until now. Until I had someone to walk beside me, encourage me, dream with me.
I smile at the thought of you. I am sad at thought of being away from you.
Things are different now. A few years ago I never thought this would happen. I had given up hope. But here you are… my love, my happiness, my future.
Things are different now. 
I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I see only you. You are my everything; my air, my eyes, my smile. I know what you mean when you say that you had given up hope. I had given up on everything but you came into my life and changed everything. I will always love you for that.

    ReplyDelete