Wednesday 19 October 2016

My Reality



When your arms are around me, it feels like home. And right now, I'm homesick. I'm homesick because you are my home and you're far away right now.
You're my desire, my want and my need. Everything else seems to disappear when you come into sight. Like when the sun sets, your eyes are only focused on the vastness and beauty of the sky and everything else fades out of view. That's what it's like to look at you. It's funny how you can dream about what it would be like to have a person for so long, and the moment you get them, you stop dreaming and start living this reality called life. But it's life like you've never lived it before. Everything has changed. Suddenly, you have a reason to get up in the morning and a reason to go to sleep at night, because for once, you can't wait to get up in the morning and do it all over again. 
"What is that reason?", You ask. It's simple; it's you. But it drives deeper than that. To say it's love would be crazy because love is a promise that lasts a lifetime, and this new view of life had only just begun. And the words "I love you" are so jaded and meaningless; until I look at you. You have the look of love on your face. This love that people go through their whole lives searching for. And to wake up today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life knowing that I've found it- That's the greatest reality of all.

Thank you baby for changing my life.
You are my best friend, my teacher, my brother, my mentor, my partner, my love, my man, my King, my life. 
I'll spend the rest of my life loving you.
That's my reality.
m.

No comments:

Post a Comment