Friday 7 October 2016

Sleepless Nights




I lay here, wide awake. It's 2:36am and for some reason, I can't sleep. You're on my mind, running laps around my head.
It's been 4 hours since I saw your face, looked into your eyes, tasted your lips. 
I miss you so much, I can't even begin to explain. 
You are my life, my world, my everything. You make my sun shine brighter, my grass greener, my skies clearer, my air fresher and my heart beat faster.
You turn my frowns upside down and my fears inside out. You are my kryptonite and the antidote at the same time. My weakness and yet my strength. My sword, but also the chink in my armour.  
I hope someday, I'll be able devise a way to put into words the musings of my heart and express the explosive joy that is within me- that permanent lump in my throat, the constant flutter of butterflies in my stomach. 
I hope "someday" comes soon. 


Always, 
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment